Regarding the entire project White Star Real Estate and Europa Capital pay special attention to environmental sustainability. Maintaining an optimal balance between green spaces and buildings has been an important part of the design process, with the creation of a contiguous park and a three level shrub green area around the office buildings. Over 900 trees will be planted in the entire area of the park.
The project will use renewable energy sources with heat pumps to provide cooling/heating in the buildings. In parallel the feasibility of installing solar panels is currently being investigated.
Sustainability is more than just using renewable energy sources. Already during the construction, the focus was on the use of recycled materials and effective construction waste management. Among other things, these form the basis for the targeted BREEAM “very good” rating.
- LED lighting
- outdoor lights with twilight sensor
- lighting zoning inside the warehouse
- intelligent energy meters
- presence sensors in common office areas
- biodiverse greenery on site
- bird houses, hotels for insects
- green picnic and relaxation zone
- greenery around the office area
- electric car chargers
- bike stands
- cycle path next to the park
Sustainability and water management
- renewable energy sources (heat pumps)
- low water consuming sanitary (perlators, sensor taps)
- recycled construction materials
- environment friendly construction waste